Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Grantura has arrived !

Yesterday the car was delivered to my address and installed in my workshop. I enjoyed the first half hour just walking around the car and admiring it. Here are some pictures:



Then I started having a closer look at the car. Before I bought the car I went to UK to do an inspection of the car. As I have written it looked sound and I found no serious rust in the chassis. Well, I should have spend an hour more inspecting it before buying it..... the chassis is rotten !!!!


I emailed Spadge Hopkins from Cottage Classics (where I bought the car) and he send me a series of very useful pictures showing how he freed his car from the chassis, and some encouraging words that it might not be as bad as I initially thought. Thanks Spadge !

The work removing the body from the chassis can now begin. First step is to get the car on its side or upside down....

1 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Olav Hønholt said...

Thank you Kabaman. I've come to that conclusion too. When I bought the car i was naive enough to think that I didn't have to do any work on the chassis. But since I'm building it to race I better have the chassis in mint condition - rust or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home