Friday, June 20, 2008

A year later...

I can't believe it's been a yeah since my last post! The reason why it has been so long is that I've bought another Grantura Mk2 together with a friend which we are racing here in Denmark and in Sweden. The car was "almost race ready" when we bought it but never the less we have rebuild the engine and gearbox, fitted new fuel cell, new suspension bushings all over new shock and exchanged and improved a million little things that I can not remember right now.

Back to my first Grantura: Since my last post the chassis has been rebuild with a full roll cage and painted. The tubes have been tig welded instead of brazed as was originally my intension. I've fitted bronze bushing for the new trailing arms. The new torsion springs have been modified and fitted. I've received new SuperFlex bushings and AVO shock absorbers and currently all the suspension part are being fitted.

I hope to get a bit more time to work on this car and I’ll try make updates a little more frequently than yearly.

3 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Antonio said...

Some news from your car?

Gruß
Toni
www.tvr.at

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Olav,

I have some urgent questions about your TVR. My email is: h.d.anders@web.de

Please send me a short note and I will send you my questions.

Best regards

HDA

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi all!
This is the autthor of this blog. I can't access the blog anymore and it is therefore discontinued but I have created this new blog: http://tvrgranturarestoration.blogspot.dk/ where you can follow the progress in the future.
I hope you will stop by this new blog.
Best,
Olav

 

Post a Comment

<< Home